||Communications Intern --- 2012|
Sr. Program. officer, communications
The Communications intern will work closely with Communications staff on a variety of research, writing and database projects. We have a strong preference for an individual with experience working with Facebook and other social media tools. We will consider part-time schedules for students.
- Assist with new technology outreach, including Facebook
- Assist with the development of Program Database worksheets, including related research and writing
- Data entry and updating
- Background research on Middle East education, social, and economic trends
- Other tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fluency with new developments in social media and Web 2.0 technology
- Candidate must be a quick learner; able to work independently
- Ideal for individuals who are seeking workplace and research experience in a dynamic NGO environment
Helpful, but Not Required:
- Experience with Drupal site administration and Sharepoint
- Experience w/ Facebook ad campaigns, Facebook page insights, Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
- Familiarity w/ HTML+CSS, PHP
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other executives when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as needed. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. EOE.
Please visit our website, http://forms.amideast.org/forms/ats_client/ , and submit a cover letter and resume with your application. No phone calls, please.