||VICE PRESIDENT, FIELD OPERATIONS|
||COMMENSURATE WITH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE|
The Country Director will serve as AMIDEAST’s senior representative in the country of assignment in the MENA region, fostering positive relationships with key clients, partners, and donors; and overseeing the delivery of all AMIDEAST programs and services to ensure consistency, quality, and a focus on client requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for all managing all aspects of operations for AMIDEAST, sustaining the existing program portfolio and setting the direction for the expansion of programs and services. The incumbent must be an assertive self-starter who possesses strong entrepreneurial skills.
Overall responsibilities for this position entail managing office operations and finances, recruiting and training staff, and developing a diverse portfolio of programs and services which include testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, and professional training services, including professional and management skills and English language training and test preparation services.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities of this Country Director position include, but are not limited to, the following:
▪ Coordinates all AMIDEAST activity in the field office and supervises staff and a core team of teachers and trainers supporting programs.
▪ Sets the direction for the sustainability of existing core lines of business and develops new strategies and opportunities for continued growth throughout the country.
▪ Develops an annual plan and budget inclusive of new business development strategies. Responsible for the programmatic and financial monitoring of plan and budget targets, and the creation of contingency options.
▪ Administers, coordinates and monitors the office’s fiscal affairs in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures, including preparation of budgets, and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to AMIDEAST Headquarters. Functions include overseeing operating capital, capital, and contract budgets; cash management; foreign exchange; monthly accounting; procurement; and contract management.
▪ Directs the continued development of AMIDEAST human resources including setting strategy for hiring, staff development, promotion, salary and job classification structures, formal staff training and orientation. Creates a learning culture within AMIDEAST and acts as a mentor for on-the-job growth.
▪ Develops and coordinates personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the Human Resources Director at Headquarters.
▪ Ensures compliance with host country laws dealing with financial and human resource matters.
▪ Leads all development activities for AMIDEAST in assigned field office. Maintains client, partner, and donor relationships to position AMIDEAST for new opportunities. In conjunction with Headquarters, develops proposals for submission to potential sponsors and clients, as required.
▪ Manages the marketing of all AMIDEAST’s products and services, and develops new project ideas. Oversees the creation of all marketing literature in compliance with AMIDEAST branding policies.
▪ Identifies business opportunities in the corporate, governmental, and educational sectors.
▪ Oversees the preparation and submission to Headquarters of required reports including accurate statistics on field office activities. Reports on educational, training, and economic developments.
▪ Ensures that security and risk management policies and procedures are in place at Field Office facilities.
▪ Participates in fundraising, public relations, and outreach activities.
▪ Represents AMIDEAST through active membership in professional business and education associations, and at conferences, meetings, and workshops.
▪ Remains current on changes within the education and training industries through publications and continuing education.
▪ Projects a qualified appearance and cooperative attitude, and maintains high ethical standards of confidentiality in representing AMIDEAST to ensure professional representation at all times.
▪ BA/BS in relevant field
▪ 7-10 years of management experience preferably in the Middle East/North Africa
▪ Strong business development skills and experience in marketing educational and professional development training programs and services
▪ Demonstrated financial management skills
▪ Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills
▪ Knowledge of US higher education system
▪ Work experience in the MENA region
▪ Project design, proposal development, and budgeting experience
▪ Strong organizational, supervisory and interpersonal skills
▪ Ability to balance sensitive political and cultural issues and to develop a broad base of working relationships
▪ Proficiency with MS Office productivity tools, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
▪ Master’s degree in relevant field
▪ Arabic and/or French language skills
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other executives when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as needed. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Please apply online via our website, http://forms.amideast.org/forms/ats_client/ Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. No phone calls please.